Monday 9 September 2013

I stitched...finally!

I finally managed to stitch. Since my last update I had to have a unexpected operation. The operation itself was a day case, which went well. The only problem was while coming round from the anaesthetic I bit through my lip. From the front to the back. By the time I had left hospital that night it was infected.
Over the next few days I couldn't eat and slept constantly. My face swelled up. I had a fever, couldn't concentrate, shivers and was constantly dizzy. I ended up down A&E. Dehydrated and weak from not eating. I fell asleep in the waiting room. The first time I have slept in public since I was a child, I was so embarrassed! I had a raging infection and have been given Antibiotics.
Things are a lot better now. I can eat almost normally and all the swelling has gone. I can finally concentrate again and Im safe to look after the kids again!

Now I can concentrate I can stitch!
Im loving how this is coming together. You can see where her hair is. Her boobs are there and I can just make out where her arm is. The reds in here is beautiful. I think I will work on the background when I have finished the little bit of red left. Then it will be Her body to do. Looking at the chart is is a confetti bomb! Its going to take me ages to do but I know it will look amazing!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear that you have been poorly but glad you are feeling better now.
Your stitching looks lovely (:

sharine said...

Glad you are on the mend now. Great progress:)

stitcherw said...

She is coming along beautifully, I love watching these designs grow and the various parts start to show. Wonderful birthday stash too, you'll have a hard time deciding which to start. So sorry to hear about your operation complications, what a scary and painful development. Hope you're feeling much better now.
Sue

meredith said...

What an awful hospital experience! Glad you're on the mend. It's always such a relief to stitch again after something's kept you from it.